502 HO Crate Engine – Chevrolet Performance 502 HO Crate Engine *** BACKORDERED ***
- 461 hp @ 5,100 rpm/558 lb.-ft. @ 3,400 rpm
- All-forged rotating assembly with four-bolt mains
- 8.75:1 comp. ratio is suitable for all altitudes and loads
- Aluminum dual-plane intake manifold installed
502 HO Crate Engine
Whether you’re cruising the street, lighting up the strip or towing your boat, the versatility of the 461hp Chevrolet Performance 502 HO is just right for you. This big-block powerhouse produces 558lb-ft. of torque. And, it dishes out 500lb-ft as early as 1,500rpm, providing all the low-rpm grunt you need!
GM builds this crate motor with a brand-new, state-of-the-art four-bolt main block casting. Then they add an all-forged rotating assembly as well as a hydraulic roller camshaft for excellent drivability and performance. The 8.75:1 compression ratio makes it suitable for pump gas.
This GM big-block engine assembly includes an aluminum dual-plane intake manifold, a water pump, a 14-inch flexplate, balancer and more. Add-on carburetors, starters and ignition systems are all available from Chevrolet Performance.
You can find out more about Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines here!
At Karl Kustoms you’ll only find parts and accessories we believe in. We work with the brands we carry in our machine shop, custom shop and service shop, where we do restoration, custom upholstery, custom painting, bodywork, install accessories, and a whole lot more.
- Shop for an extensive line of racing product and performance upgrades for the street.
- Shop with confidence; we accept returns on new, uninstalled products. (restocking and shipping fees will apply)
- If you’re unsure of a part, we’ll be happy to advise you – don’t hesitate to reach out to us!
What’s more, Karl Kustoms has a staff of experienced machinists and we even sell some of the finest hot rods in the country. Stop by if you’re n town, or call us to make your hot rod dreams come true!
- Dual plane intake manifold
- Water pump
- 14″ flex plate
Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur. GMPP HEI distributor P/N 93440806 is recommended.
502 HO Tech Specs
- Engine Type: Chevy Big Block V-8
- Displacement (cu in): 502
- Bore x Stroke (in): 4.470 x 4.000
- Block (P/N 19170540): Cast-iron with 4-bolt main caps
- Crankshaft (P/N 10183723): Forged steel
- Connecting Rods (P/N 19170198): Forged steel, shot peened
- Pistons (P/N 12533507): Forged aluminum
- Camshaft Type (P/N 24502611): Hydraulic roller
- Camshaft Lift (in): .510 intake / .540 exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 211° intake / 230° exhaust
- Cylinder Heads (P/N 12562920): Iron rectangular port; 118cc chambers
- Valve Size (in): 2.190 intake / 1.880 exhaust
- Compression Ratio: 8.75:1
- Rocker Arms (P/N 12523976): Stamped steel
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
- Water Pump (P/N 19168606): Cast-iron, long-style
- Flexplate (P/N 10185034): 14″
- Recommended Fuel: Regular pump
- Ignition Timing: 32º Total @ 4,000 rpm
- Maximum Recommended RPM: 5,500
- Balanced: External
Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines carry a 24 Month or 50,000 mile warranty (whichever comes first) when installed by a qualified independent service center. Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines also come with a 30 day start up warranty (parts only).
There are some additional limitations on the warranty – please see the official GM warranty documentation for more information.