604 Crate Engine – Chevrolet Performance Dressed & Dyno-Tested CT400 604 Sealed Crate Engine (D2)
- MSD Distributor and Moroso Wires Installed
- Lash and Timing are Tuned
- Camshaft and Piston Rings are Broken-In
- Dyno-verified Horsepower and Torque
CT400 604 Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance’s CT400 604 racing crate engine has the power you need to run at the front of the pack! Featuring Fast Burn cylinder heads with LS-style beehive valve springs, this engine offers greater high-rpm performance. The result is an engine that revs higher, making the most of every cubic inch.
- Fully assembled long block
- Black steel valve covers with Bowtie breathers
- Oil pump, pick-up, 8-quart oil pan
- Eliminator Vortec intake manifold
- MSD Pro-Billet 85555 distributor
- Moroso Mag-Tune sleeved, under-header wire kit
- Spark plugs
- Spark Plug Wires
- 8″ harmonic balancer
- Front timing cover
- Fuel pump block-off plate
- Dyno sheet of your engine
- Professionally installed IMCA seals
The Fast Burn Design includes:
- Proven lightweight aluminum cylinder head assemblies with large intake runners
- 2.00/1.55-inch valves, and strong aluminum pistons
- A brand-new block with four-bolt mains and a forged steel crankshaft
- An open-plenum high-rise intake manifold
- A racing-only 8-quart circle track oil pan with a dual kick-out design
- Valve cover breather kit
- Aluminum roller rocker arms.
- Requires the addition of a carburetor, starter and water pump (not included).
- Requires an externally balanced flywheel (not included).
- The 8-quart Circle Track oil pan is 7 inches deep at the sump. It will clear most GM rear-steer chassis with the stock engine location.
- For Circle Track Racing only – not intended for street use.
- Broken-in, dyno-verified HP/TQ, and IMCA-sealed for competition. Includes distributor (installed and timed) and fitted spark plug wires.
- Some parts are not legal for use in California or other states with similar laws/regulations.
|Manufacturer Part Number||
CT400 604 Tech Specs
- Engine Type: Chevy Small-Block V-8
- Displacement (cu in): 350
- Bore x Stroke (in): 4.000 x 3.480
- Block: Cast-iron with 4-bolt main caps (P/N 10243870)
- Crankshaft: Forged steel shot peened (P/N 12670965)
- Connecting Rods: Powdered metal (P/N 10108688)
- Pistons: Hypereutectic aluminum (P/N 10159436)
- Intake Manifold: Single-plane aluminum (P/N 12496822)
- Camshaft Type: Steel hydraulic roller (P/N 10185071)
- Valve Lift (in): .474 intake/.510 exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 208° intake/221° exhaust
- Cylinder Heads: Fast Burn aluminum; 62cc chambers (P/N 19300955)
- Valve Size (in): 2.000 intake/1.550 exhaust
- Compression Ratio: 9.72:1 Nominal
- Rocker Arms: Aluminum; roller style (P/N 19210724)
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.5:1
- Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
- Ignition Timing: 36° Total @ 4,000 rpm
- Maximum Recommended rpm: 5,800
- Balanced: External
Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines carry a 24 Month or 50,000 mile warranty (whichever comes first) when installed by a qualified independent service center. Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines also come with a 30 day start up warranty (parts only).
There are some additional limitations on the warranty – please see the official GM warranty documentation for more information.