LSX Crate Engine – Chevrolet Performance LSX454 7.4L Engine
- 627hp @ 6,300 rpm/586 lb.-ft. @ 5,100 rpm
- LSX-Series Gen IV Small-Block V-8
- A 21st century 454 with the latest technology
- Requires no more space under the hood than a production LS engine
LSX454/627HP Crate Engine
The Chevrolet Performance LSX454 7.4L Crate Engine is an evolution of the legendary 454 engine for the 21st-century.
Thanks to a forged rotating assembly, forged steel crankshaft, and rods, with forged aluminum pistons, and a high 11.0:1 compression ratio, the LSX454 generates serious power. It puts out a whopping 627 horsepower at 6,300 rpm, and 586 lb.-ft. of torque at 5,100 RPM. All this without taking up any additional physical space under the hood compared to a factory LS engine.
For your peace of mind, the LSX454 includes the protection of a 24-month or 50,000-mile warranty (whichever comes first).
The LSX454 is sold without an intake manifold or other accessories. No electronics are included. An oil pan must be purchased separately. You’ll want to check out our accessory drive systems, intake manifolds, and either our fuel injection systems or carburetor options.
- If a carburetor is used, the LSX Ignition Controller (P/N 19171130) is required.
- The valve covers do not have provisions for mounting ignition coil brackets. Aftermarket or custom relocation brackets must be used.
- The 8-bolt crank flange may require an adapter when paired with some transmissions.
- Assembly does not include accessories, electronics, or an oil pan.
- An intake manifold is not included. An LS-7 pattern intake manifold is required.
- Due to the high compression ratio, the LSX454 is not compatible with forced induction. Turbocharging or supercharging will damage the engine.
- Intended for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle.
- Not intended for marine use.
- Includes a warranty for 24-months or 50,000 miles (whichever comes first).
LSX454 Tech Specs
- Power: 627 hp @ 6,300 rpm and 586 lb.-ft. @ 5,100 rpm / with 58X Reluctor
- Engine Type: LSX-Series Gen IV Small-Block V-8
- Displacement (cu in): 454
- Displacement (L): 7.4
- Bore x Stroke (in): 4.185 x 4.125
- Bore x Stroke (mm): 106.3 x 104.8
- Block: LSX cast-iron with 6-bolt, cross-bolted main caps (P/N 19260099)
- Crankshaft: 4340 forged steel with 8-bolt flange (P/N 19244018)
- Connecting Rods: 4340 forged steel (P/N 19166964)
- Pistons: Forged aluminum (P/N 19166958)
- Camshaft Type: Hydraulic roller (P/N 19166972)
- Valve Lift (in): 0.648″ intake / 0.648″ exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@0.050 in): 236° intake / 246° exhaust
- Cylinder Heads: Aluminum LSX-LS7 port; as cast with 70cc chambers (P/N 19354239)
- Valve Size (in): 2.200 intake (titanium) / 1.610 exhaust (hollow, sodium-filled)
- Compression ratio: 11.0:1
- Rocker Arms: Investment-cast, roll trunnion
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.8:1
- Recommended Fuel: Premium
- Maximum Recommended RPM: 6,500
- Reluctor Wheel: 58x
- Balanced: Internal
Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines carry a 24 Month or 50,000-mile warranty (whichever comes first) when installed by a qualified independent service center. Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines also come with a 30-day start-up warranty (parts only).
There are some additional limitations on the warranty – please see the official GM warranty documentation for more information.
There are no reviews yet.