Chevrolet Performance ZZ572/620 Base Crate Engine
- 621 hp @ 5,400 rpm/645 il.-ft. @ 4,200 rpm
- Cast-iron block with 4-bolt main caps
- Aluminum oval port heads with 110cc chambers
- The ultimate expression of Chevy Performances engineering capability
ZZ752/620 Base Crate Engine
ZZ752/620 Base Technical Specs:
Part Number: 19331581
Engine Type: Chevy Big-Block V-8
Displacement (cu in): 502
Bore x Stroke (in): 4.470 x 4.000
Block (P/N 19170540): Cast-iron with 4-bolt main caps
Crankshaft (P/N 10183723): Forged steel
Connecting Rods (P/N 19170198): Forged steel, shot peened
Pistons (P/N 12533507): Forged aluminum
Camshaft Type (P/N 12366543): Hydraulic roller
Camshaft Lift (in): .527 intake / .544 exhaust
Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 224° intake / 234° exhaust
Cylinder Heads (P/N 12363390): Aluminum oval port; 110cc chambers
Valve Size (in): 2.250 intake / 1.880 exhaust; stainless steel
Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
Rocker Arms (P/N 12675724): Stamped steel
Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
Distributor (P/N 1104060): HEI type
Throttle Body (P/N 17113524): Included
Water Pump (P/N 19168602): Aluminum, short-style
Flexplate (P/N 10185034): 14″
Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
Ignition Timing: 35° Total at 4,000 rpm
Maximum Recommended rpm: 5,800
– Requires a 12-volt power source (and ground), coolant, exhaust system, fuel feed and fuel return line (to the fuel tank). An in-tank fuel pump is recommended
– Clutch linkage bosses are now drilled and tapped. When using cast-iron exhaust manifolds, lower head bolts may need to be replaced with bolts with shorter heads, for clearance
– Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
– Not intended for marine applications
– IMPORTANT! For a safe, proper and trouble-free engine break-in, the MEFI 4 computer has a “green” mode that controls rpm during the break-in period. During this period, engine speed is limited to 4,000 rpm in the first hour, 4,500 rpm in the second hour and 5,500 rpm in the third hour
Supersedes old GM P/N 12498792
ZZ572/620 Base Crate Engine
19331581 Chevrolet Engine
621 hp @ 5,400 rpm / 645 il.-ft. @ 4,200 rpm
Our Baddest Big-Block Street Engine
Proving the adage there’s no replacement for displacement, the ZZ572/620 is the ultimate expression of Chevrolet Performance’s engineering capability, wrapped up in a soul-stirring combination of performance and attitude. We build the ZZ572/620 with huge 4.560-inch bores and a 4.375-inch stroke to help it deliver 621 hp and a stunning 645 lb.-ft. of grunt!
Strength comes from a latest–generation tall-deck block casting with four-bolt main caps and an all-forged rotating assembly, while high-flow aluminum rectangular-port cylinder heads with massive 310cc intake passages, 118cc raised exhaust ports and 118cc combustion chambers process tremendous airflow. A hydraulic roller camshaft with incredible 0.632/0.632-inch lift and 254/264-degree duration specifications optimizes the airflow volume enabled by the large-port heads.
This product qualifies for a $250 Rebate from Chevrolet Performance.
To receive the rebate:
- Purchase a select Chevrolet Performance Crate Engine between 10/1/2020 and 12/31/2020
- Complete all information requested on this form and mail it by January 31st, 2021, OR
- Submit your rebate online at www.gmpartsrebates.com before the same deadline
See rebate form for more details.
NOTE: Please allow up to 6-8 weeks for rebate processing.
This product qualifies for Free Mobil 1 Oil!
November 1, 2020 through February 28, 2021 receive a Free case of Mobil 1 Oil with the purchase of a Chevrolet Performance Crate Engine and receive two Free Cases of Mobil 1 Oil with the purchase of a Connect & Cruise Package.