Chevrolet Performance ZZ502/502 Deluxe Crate Engine
- Displacement (cu in):502
- Bore x Stroke (in): 4.470 x 4.000
- Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
- Maximum Recommended rpm: 5,800
ZZ502/502 Deluxe Crate Engine
508 hp @ 5,200 rpm / 580 lb.-ft. @ 3,600 rpm
ZZ502/502 Deluxe Tech Specs:
Displacement (cu in): 502
Bore x Stroke (in): 4.470 x 4.000
Block (P/N 19170540): Cast-iron with 4-bolt main caps
Crankshaft (P/N 10183723): Forged steel
Connecting Rods (P/N 19170198): Forged steel, shot peened
Pistons (P/N 12533507): Forged aluminum
Intake Manifold (P/N 12363407): Dual plane
Camshaft Type (P/N 12366543): Hydraulic roller
Camshaft Lift (in): .527 intake / .544 exhaust
Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 224° intake / 234° exhaust
Cylinder Heads (P/N 19331425): Aluminum oval port; 110cc chambers
Valve Size (in): 2.250 intake / 1.880 exhaust; stainless steel
Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
Rocker Arms (P/N 12675724): Stamped steel
Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
Distributor (P/N 93440806): HEI type
Carburetor (P/N 19170094): 870-cfm
Water Pump (P/N 19168602): Aluminum, short-style
Spark Plugs and Wires: Included
Starter (P/N 19302919): Included
Flexplate (P/N 10185034): 14″
Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
Ignition Timing: 32° Total @ 4,000 rpm
Maximum Recommended rpm: 5,800
– Due to crate fitment, the carburetor is shipped in a separate box and needs to be installed by an engine installer
– Clutch linkage bosses are now drilled and tapped. When using cast-iron exhaust manifolds, lower head bolts may need to be replaced with bolts with shorter heads, for clearance
– 502 engines now have a mechanical fuel pump boss! Note: Fuel pump lobe NOT on camshaft!
– Comes with an externally balanced 14″ automatic transmission flexplate. Use flywheel P/N 14096987 and 11″ clutch assembly for manual transmission applications
– Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
– Not intended for marine applications
Note: Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with long-blocks and Partial engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur.
ZZ502/502 Deluxe Crate Engine
19419003 Chevrolet Engine
Our Most Popular Big Block
The ZZ502/502 is one of the industry’s benchmark crate engines, offering excellent value with a proven combination of performance that is suitable for the street or strip. With more than 500 horsepower and 580 lb.-ft. of torque, it demands your full attention.
Thanks to a combination of high-flow aluminum oval-port cylinder heads with 2.25/1.88-inch valves and a hydraulic roller camshaft designed to support low-rpm torque production, this torque monster tops the 500 lb.-ft. mark by approximately 2,500 rpm and doesn’t dip below it until about 5,000 rpm. It also features a latest-generation block casting with four-bolt main caps and an all- forged rotating assembly for exceptional strength and durability.
Our Deluxe package comes complete from the oil pan to the carburetor, including an HEI distributor, plug wires, starter, water pump, balancer and an aluminum intake topped with a Holley 870-cfm four-barrel carburetor.
Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines include a 24-month or 50,000-mile (80,000 kilometer) limited warranty.