604 Circle Track Crate Engine – Chevrolet Performance 604 Circle Track Crate Engine
- 404 hp @ 5,600 rpm/406 lb.-ft. @ 4,600 rpm
- Circle Track Limited Late Model “GM 604” Engine
- For Circle Track Racing – NOT intended for street use
- Comes with GM anti-tamper and IMCA seals installed
604 Circle Track Crate Engine
The Chevrolet Performance CT400 racing crate engine is fully sealed for IMCA “A-Mod/Modified” use and now features Fast Burn cylinder head assemblies with LS-style beehive valve springs that enable greater high-rpm performance and durability.
These lightweight aluminum heads include with large intake runners and 2.00/1.55-inch valves. The CT400 also has a tough bottom end, with a forged steel crankshaft and strong aluminum pistons circulating in a new four-bolt main block.
The IMCA sealed ‘604’ circle track crate engine assembly also includes an open-plenum high-rise intake manifold, a racing-only 8-quart circle track oil pan with a dual kick-out design, a valve cover breather kit and aluminum roller rocker arms.
- Requires addition of carburetor, starter, ignition, plug wires, water pump, distributor and exhaust system (not included)
- Requires an externally balanced flywheel (not included).
- The 8-quart circle track oil pan is 7 inches deep at the sump. It will clear most GM rear-steer chassis with stock engine location
- For Circle Track Racing only – Not intended for street use
- Circle Track racing engines from Chevrolet Performance include anti-tampering seals installed
- Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with long-blocks and Partial engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur.
- For Circle Track Racing only – NOT intended for street use
19419604, 19433604, 88869604
CT400 604 Tech Specs
- Engine Type: Chevy Small-Block V-8
- Displacement (cu in): 350
- Bore x Stroke (in): 4.000 x 3.480
- Block (10243870): Cast-iron with 4-bolt main caps – no link
- Crankshaft: Forged steel shot peened (P/N 12670965)
- Connecting Rods: Powdered metal (P/N 10108688)
- Pistons:: Hypereutectic aluminum (P/N 10159436)
- Camshaft Type: Steel hydraulic roller (P/N 10185071)
- Valve Lift (in): .474 intake / .510 exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 208° intake / 221° exhaust
- Cylinder Heads: Fast Burn aluminum; 62cc chambers (P/N 19300955)
- Valve Size (in): 2.000 intake / 1.550 exhaust
- Compression Ratio: 9.72:1 Nominal
- Rocker Arms: Aluminum; roller style (P/N 19210724)
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.5:1
- Recommended Fuel: Premium Pump
- Ignition Timing: 36° Total @4,000 rpm
- Maximum Recommended rpm: 5,800
- Balanced: External
Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines carry a 24 Month or 50,000 mile warranty (whichever comes first) when installed by a qualified independent service center. Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines also come with a 30 day start up warranty (parts only).
There are some additional limitations on the warranty – please see the official GM warranty documentation for more information.