CT400 Crate Engine – Chevy Performance 604 Sealed Crate Engine Dyno Tested (D1)
- Dyno-verified Horsepower and Torque
- Engine is Race-Ready
- Camshaft and Piston Rings are Broken-In
- Dyno report For Your Engine
- Replaces 19370604, 88869604, 19318604, 19419604
CT400 604 Crate Engine
Run ahead of the pack with the 400-horsepower CT400 crate engine (often referred to as the”604″). Based on the popular Fast Burn 385 street crate engine, these 604 Chevy IMCA-sealed racing engines include a bulletproof bottom end, anchored by a forged steel crankshaft and hypereutectic pistons. The 23-degree, Fast Burn aluminum heads enable tremendous power in the small-block V-8. The Fast Burn heads have a unique chamber design that helps completely burn all of the air/fuel mixture.
Now, Karl Kustoms is offering this 604 crate engine as a dyno-verified package that is ready to race. With this engine under the hood of your Modified or Late Model, you’ll put a “fast burn” on the competition! (Read more about dyno testing on the Karl Kustoms blog here.)
Note: This item is made to order. It will be shipped from our warehouse when it is produced.
- Fully assembled long block
- Black steel valve covers with valve cover breather kit
- Oil pump, pick-up, 8-quart circle track oil pan with a dual kick-out design
- Eliminator Vortec intake manifold
- Spark plugs
- 8″ harmonic balancer
- Front timing cover
- Dyno sheet of your engine
- IMCA-issued seals are installed
The Fast Burn Design includes:
- Proven lightweight aluminum cylinder head assemblies with large intake runners
- 2.00/1.55-inch valves, and strong aluminum pistons
- A brand-new block with four-bolt mains and a forged steel crankshaft
- An open-plenum high-rise intake manifold
- A racing-only 8-quart circle track oil pan with a dual kick-out design
- Valve cover breather kit and special “kool nut” rocker arm design
- Aluminum roller rocker arms.
- Requires the addition of a carburetor, starter, water pump, distributor and plug wires (not included). See 19419604D2 for “dressed” version of this engine.
- Requires an externally balanced flywheel (not included).
- The 8-quart Circle Track oil pan is 7 inches deep at the sump. It will clear most GM rear-steer chassis with the stock engine location.
- For Circle Track Racing only – not intended for street use.
- This item is made to order. It will be shipped from our warehouse when it is produced.
- Broke-in, dyno-verified HP/TQ, and IMCA-sealed for competition.
- Some parts are not legal for use in California or other states with similar laws/regulations.
- Dyno-verified horsepower and torque
- Piston rings are broken-in using our SuperFlow dyno system
- Lash and timing are individually tuned
- Engine is ready to race, right out of the crate
- IMCA-sealed for equal competition
- Popular in Modified and Late Model classes*
*Check track/series rules for approval qualifications.
CT400 604 Chevy Sealed Crate Tech Specs
- Engine Type: Chevy Small-Block V-8
- P/N: 19419604D1
- Power: 400 hp @ 5,500 rpm / 400 lb.-ft. @ 4,500 rpm
- Displacement (cu in): 350 cu. in.
- Bore x Stroke (in): 4.00″ x 3.48″
- Block: Cast iron with 4-bolt main caps
- Crankshaft: Forged 4340 steel
- Connecting Rods: Powdered metal
- Pistons: Hypereutectic aluminum
- Intake Manifold: Single-plane aluminum
- Camshaft Type: Hydraulic roller tappet
- Valve Lift (in): .474 intake / .510 exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 208 intake / 221° exhaust
- Cylinder Heads: Fast Burn aluminum
- Valve Size (in): 2.000 intake / 1.550 exhaust
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Rocker Arms: Aluminum roller style
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.5:1
- Recommended Fuel: 92 octane recommended fuel
- Ignition Timing: 36° Total at 4,000 rpm
- Maximum Recommended rpm: 5,800
- Balanced: External
Chevrolet Performance Racing Crate Engines are excluded from limited warranty.