Chevrolet Performance 604 Circle Track Crate Engine
- 404 hp @ 5,600 rpm/406 lb.-ft. @ 4,600 rpm
- Circle Track Limited Late Model “GM 604” Engine
- For Circle Track Racing – NOT intended for street use
- Comes with GM anti-tamper and IMCA seals installed
CT400 Sealed ‘GM 604’ Racing Crate Engine
404 hp @ 5,600 rpm / 406 lb.-ft. @ 4,600 rpm
Circle Track 400 (CT400) Tech Specs:
Engine Type: Chevy Small-Block V-8
Displacement (cu in): 350
Bore x Stroke (in): 4.000 x 3.480
Block (10243870): Cast-iron with 4-bolt main caps
Crankshaft (12670965): Forged steel shot peened
Connecting Rods (P/N 10108688): Powdered metal
Pistons (P/N 10159436): Hypereutectic aluminum
Camshaft Type (P/N 10185071): Steel hydraulic roller
Valve Lift (in): .474 intake / .510 exhaust
Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 208° intake / 221° exhaust
Cylinder Heads (P/N 19300955): Fast Burn aluminum; 62cc chambers
Valve Size (in): 2.000 intake / 1.550 exhaust
Compression Ratio: 9.72:1 Nominal
Rocker Arms (P/N 19210724): Aluminum; roller style
Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.5:1
Recommended Fuel: Premium Pump
Ignition Timing: 36° Total @4,000 rpm
Maximum Recommended rpm: 5,800
- Requires addition of carburetor, starter, ignition, plug wires, water pump, distributor and exhaust system (not included)
- Requires an externally balanced flywheel (not included)
- The 8-quart Circle Track “Late-Model” (P/N 25534354) oil pan is 7 inches deep at the sump and will clear most GM rear-steer chassis with stock engine location
- For Circle Track Racing only – NOT intended for street use
Supersedes P/N 19318604, 88869604
CT400 Sealed ‘604’ Racing Crate Engine
88869604 Chevrolet Motor
High-Revving Performance and Durability
The Chevrolet Performance CT400 racing crate engine is fully sealed for IMCA “A-Mod/Modified” use and now features new cylinder head assemblies with LS-style beehive valve springs that enable greater high-rpm performance and durability.
Those lightweight aluminum heads are based on the proven Fast Burn head design, with large intake runners and 2.00/1.55-inch valves. The CT400 also has a tough bottom end, with a forged steel crankshaft and strong aluminum pistons circulating in a new four-bolt main block.
The IMCA sealed ‘604’ crate engine assembly also includes an open-plenum high-rise intake manifold, a racing-only 8-quart circle track oil pan with a dual kick-out design, a valve cover breather kit and aluminum roller rocker arms.
For Circle Track Racing only ? NOT intended for street use
Chevrolet Performance Racing Crate Engines are excluded from limited warranty.
This product qualifies for Free Mobil 1 Oil!
November 1, 2020 through February 28, 2021 receive a Free case of Mobil 1 Oil with the purchase of a Chevrolet Performance Crate Engine and receive two Free Cases of Mobil 1 Oil with the purchase of a Connect & Cruise Package.