Chevrolet Performance HT502 Truck Engine ***ON BACKORDER***
- 406 hp @ 4,200 rpm/541 lb.-ft. @ 3,200 rpm
- All-forged rotating assembly with four-bolt mains
- 8.75:1 comp. ratio is suitable for all altitudes and loads
- Beef-up your older Chevy pickup with this beast!
HT502 Crate Engine
406 hp @ 4,200 rpm / 541 lb.-ft. @ 3,200 rpm
HT502 Tech Specs:
Engine Type Chevy Big-Block V-8
Displacement (cu in): 502
Bore x Stroke (in): 4.47 x 4.00
Block (P/N 19170540): Cast-iron with 4-bolt main caps
Crankshaft (P/N 10183723): Forged steel
Connecting Rods (P/N 19170198): Forged steel, shot peened
Pistons (P/N 12533507): Forged aluminum
Camshaft Type (P/N 12552296): Hydraulic roller
Camshaft Lift (in): .480 intake / .483 exhaust
Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 204° intake / 209° exhaust
Cylinder Heads (P/N 12562917): Iron oval port; 118cc chambers
Valve Size (in): 2.07 intake / 1.73 exhaust
Compression Ratio: 8.75:1
Rocker Arms (P/N 19260993)): Stamped steel
Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
Flexplate (P/N 10185034): 14″
Recommended Fuel: Regular pump
Ignition Timing: Base 4° BTDC, 26° Total
Maximum Recommended rpm: 5,500
Recommended Transmission: SuperMatic 4L85-E Four-Speed Automatic P/N 19300175
– Requires the addition of carburetor, intake manifold, water pump, starter, distributor and ignition system (not included)
– Clutch linkage bosses are now drilled and tapped. When using cast-iron exhaust manifolds, lower head bolts may need to be replaced with bolts with shorter heads for clearance
– 502 engines now have a mechanical fuel pump boss!
– Comes with an externally balanced 14″ automatic transmission flexplate. Use externally balanced flywheel P/N 14096987 and 11″ clutch assembly for manual transmission applications
– Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
– Not intended for marine applications
Note: Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with long blocks and partial engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur. GMPP distributor P/N 93440806 is recommended.
HT502 Crate Engine
19433156 Chevrolet Engine
A Big-Inch Alternative to Rebuilding
Don’t bother rebuilding or reconditioned your old truck’s engine when our HT502 crate engine is so affordable and adds more power and greater durability. There’s more power than the factory ever offered and more than you’ll typically get with a rebuild! 541 lb.-ft. of torque at 3,200 RPM! That’s a stump-pulling Big-Block!
It is uniquely suited to pre-1978 trucks, but is adaptable to a variety of applications, and it’s built with a brand-new, latest-generation block casting with four-bolt main caps. An all-forged rotating assembly delivers exceptional strength and durability, while a mild 8.75:1 compression ratio is suitable for regular gasoline at all altitudes and engine loads.
This assembly also comes with the heads and balancer installed. An induction system, ignition, starter, water pump and other accessories are required to finish the engine. All necessary components are available from Chevrolet Performance.
Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines include a 24-month or 50,000-mile (80,000 kilometer) limited warranty.