LS3 E-ROD Crate Engine – Chevrolet Performance E-ROD LS3 6.2L Automatic Crate Engine
- 430 hp @ 5,900 rpm/425 lb.-ft. @ 4,600 rpm
- 40-tooth reluctor wheel for auto transmission
- CARB-approved for 1996-and-earlier vehicles in CA
- CARB EO#: D-126-32
- Call for availability
Available on backorder
E-ROD LS3 Automatic Crate Engine
The LS3 E-ROD is the perfect combination of Modern Tech and Classic Muscle! Enjoy impressive power and lightweight components, giving you better weight distribution with less weight over the front axle.
Rated at a strong 430 hp, the original Chevrolet Performance E-ROD crate engine delivers big power with California emissions compliance for countless pre-1995 cars, trucks and SUVs. Along with great power, its aluminum block and heads, and composite intake manifold, make it a lightweight performer. This means your project vehicle will likely enjoy a better weight distribution with less weight over the front axle. We recommend the 4L65-E transmission to match with the E-ROD LS3 6.2L, (which is also available as an inclusive Connect & Cruise E-ROD crate powertrain system.)
Karl Kustoms is here to help you make your next build the best it can be, as a top-rated retailer of Chevy performance engines, parts, and accessories, and over 40 years of dedication to GM performance.
A 40 tooth reluctor wheel for automatic transmissions.
The builder will need to source additional components to complete the assembly and get the vehicle running. They include:
- Fuel tank
- Fuel lines (re-circulating or returnless)
- Fuel pump
- Fuel tank vent line from the tank to the evaporative emissions canister
- Purge line from the canister to the engine purge solenoid
- Air induction system that incorporates the mass airflow sensor
- Exhaust system behind the catalytic converters
Each E-ROD engine requires a front-end accessory drive system suitable to the vehicle. The instruction manual includes recommendations for the accessory drive kit, as well as the transmission, gear ratios and more. Chevrolet Performance offers two configurations of the accessory drive systems to suit different applications; and each allows the installer to easily delete air conditioning. They include part numbers 19155066 and 19155067.
Chevrolet Performance recommends the LS1 Engine Installation Guide P/N 88959384, which illustrates basic procedures and offers helpful tips on installing an LS engine into older vehicles.
Original items such as manifolds, accessories, mounts, etc. can be transferred to a E-ROD LS3 engine when installed in a vehicle that was originally equipped with a small block. However, there may be some dissimilar components between a E-ROD LS3 engine and an older small block.
Installing this engine in a vehicle not originally equipped with a small block engine may require modifications or additional components not included, such as fabricating various components for the cooling, fuel, electrical, and exhaust systems.
This replaces old P/N 19257230 and P/N 19369331 and P/N 19370414.
LS3 E-ROD 6.2L Crate Engine
- Part Number: 19421057
- Engine Type: LS-Series Gen-IV Small-Block V-8
- Displacement: LS3 6.2L (376 cu in)
- Horsepower: 430 hp @ 5900 rpm
- Torque: 424 lb-ft @ 4600 rpm
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Cylinder Heads: L92-style rectangular-port
- Camshaft Type: Hydraulic roller camshaft with .551/.522-in lift (P/N 12603844)
- Displacement (cu. in.): 376 (6.2L)
- Bore x Stroke (in.): 4.065 x 3.622 (103.25 x 92 mm)
- Block: Cast-aluminum with six-bolt, cross-bolted main caps (P/N 12623967)
- Crankshaft: Nodular iron (P/N 12597569)
- Connecting Rods: Powdered metal (P/N 12607475)
- Pistons: Hypereutectic aluminum (P/N 19207287)
- Valve Lift (in.): .551 intake / .522 exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in.): 204° intake / 211° exhaust
- Cylinder Heads: Aluminum L92-style port; “as cast” with 68-cc chambers (P/N 12629063)
- Valve Size (in.): 2.165 intake / 1.590 exhaust
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Rocker Arms: Investment-cast, roller trunnion (P/N 12569167 int)
- Rocker Arms: Investment-cast, roller trunnion (P/N 10214664 exh)
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
- Recommended Fuel: Premium Pump
- Maximum Recommended rpm: 6600
- Reluctor Wheel: 58X
- Balanced: Internal
Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines carry a 24 Month or 50,000 mile warranty (whichever comes first) when installed by a qualified independent service center. Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines also come with a 30 day start up warranty (parts only).
There are some additional limitations on the warranty – please see the official GM warranty documentation for more information.
There are no reviews yet.