MSD 8202 High Performance Blaster 2 Coil
- Our famous red canister coil
- Upgrade your stock coil
- Great choice for MSD 6-series ignitions
- Improved spark output
If you are looking to upgrade your stock coil, or want to complement the performance of your MSD Blaster Ignition, MSD 5, 6 or 7, the Blaster Coil line is the right choice. Our Blaster Coils are designed for improved spark output! Special 100:1 windings are used to provide maximum build-up of voltage! These windings are held secure and kept cool in an oil filled metal canister.
The tower assembly is molded of durable alkyd material due to its high dielectric characteristics while wide spaced brass primary terminals prevent the possibility of spark. Each Blaster Coil can be used with a stock ignition, Blaster Ignition, MSD 5, 6 or 7 Ignition Control.
Most late model vehicles with electronic ignitions do not require a ballast resistor, check your ignition and manufacturers specifications to determine if a ballast is required in your application. Mallory Unilite applications also require the ballast resistor.
- Improved output coil for electronic ignitions, Blaster Ignition or MSD 5, 6, and 7 Series (ballast resistor required for points)
- Alkyd tower with high dielectric properties is less prone to carbon tracking
- 100:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- Metal canister is filled with a premium grade oil for cooling
- CARB E.O. Approved
- Inductance 8mH
- Maximum volts 45,000
- Peak current 140mA
- Primary resistance .7 OHMs
- Secondary resistance 4.5K OHMs
- Spark duration 350 uS
Notes: Our famous red canister coil! This is a great choice with an MSD 6-series ignition.
|Dimensions||6.4 × 2.6 × 3.8 in|
|Manufacturer Part Number||
MSD High Performance Blaster 2 Coil
Great choice with an MSD 6-series ignition!
If you are looking to upgrade your stock coil, or want to compliment the performance of your MSD Blaster Ignition, MSD 5, 6 or 7, the Blaster Coil line is the right choice.