MSD 8381 Optispark Distributor ’92-’94 GM LT1 5.7L Non-Vented Spline Drive
- Advanced optical encoder trigger design for accuracy and reliability.
- Rotor drive design is positively indexed and cannot slip.
- Large ball bearing stabilizes timing through 10,000 rpm.
- Fresh air vented and sealed to keep the elements out.
- Improved housing design and extra bolt eliminates leaks.
- Easily adjust the timing up to +/-5°.
Finally, all-out performance distributors to replace the OEM GM LT1 Optisparks–MSD’s Pro-Billet LT1 distributors. They feature a precision-machined billet aluminum housing that fits in place of the factory piece, a new pickup assembly, a trick timing adjustment mechanism, and a new MSD distributor cap and rotor. The pickup is an advanced optical encoder that has proven to be very reliable and stable through extreme rpm and conditions. The rotor is bolted to a drive assembly that is indexed to the shaft, and is stabilized through the use of a large ball bearing assembly. The distributors use an adjustment screw to advance or retard the timing by up to 5 degrees.
|Dimensions||4 × 12 × 9 in|
Not CARB Compliant
|Manufacturer Part Number||