MSD 8528 Ready-to-Run Distributor, Pontiac V8
- Pontiac V8 326/350/389/400/421/428/455
- Ready to run
- Simple installation
- Ignition control and rev limiter built in
Do yourself and your Poncho a favor and replace your points distributor with a Ready-to-Run model. You’ll never have to adjust or replace the points again and your car will run better thanks to the hot MSD sparks.
Inside the CNC-machined billet housing there is an ignition module that produces a much hotter spark which will improve the performance of your engine. Also, since timing advance is important to Pontiac engines, the mechanical advance can easily be adjusted with the supplied advance springs and stop bushings. Plus, there’s a vacuum advance canister to help economy at moderate cruise speeds.
Another great benefit of the MSD Ready-to-Run distributor is the mechanical advance. The weights and assembly are fine-blanked from chromoly for absolute precision resulting in smooth timing changes. You can set up a timing curve to match your engine’s specifications easily with the supplied advance springs and bushings plus there is a vacuum advance for economy.
The Distributor is supplied with the MSD Cap, Race Rotor, wire retainer and gear.
- Simple and clean installation with only three wires to connect
- CARB E.O. Approved
- Does not require an MSD Ignition Control
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Powerful built-in module produces a 7.5 amp single spark through high rpm
- Includes built-in Rev LimiterIgnition module and rev limiter
|Dimensions||17.9 × 7 × 7 in|
|Manufacturer Part Number||
MSD Ready-to-Run Distributor
Pontiac V8 326/350/389/400/421/428/455
Include a built-in ignition module and rev limiter.