MSD 85501 Pro-Billet Distributor, Chevy V8
- Chevy V-8
- Locked cap rotor
- Designed primarily for race applications
- Must be used with an MSD 6, 7, 8, or 10 series ignition
This strong, billet aluminum distributor is set up for engines that run locked-out timing or an MSD Timing Computer. With no advance assembly, the rotor plate is welded directly to the oversized shaft. A sealed ball bearing guides the top of the shaft while an extra long sintered bushing stabilizes the lower portion.
Trigger signals are produced via a high-output magnetic pick-up. This pickup is extremely accurate and never requires adjustment. Since this distributor is designed primarily for race engines, an oversized (+.006″) bronze gear is installed along with an adjustable slip collar for modified blocks, heads or intake manifolds.
- Designed primarily for race applications with no mechanical advance
- Will not accept a vacuum advance canister
- Must be used with an MSD 6, 7, 8, or 10 Series Ignition
- Supplied with an HEI style distributor cap and rotor (accepts Cap-A-Dapts)
- Supplied with a 0.006″ oversized bronze gear installed
- O-ring seals can be added to modified blocks to improve oil pressure control
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Adjustable slip collar mounting flange for engines with modified deck heights
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
|Dimensions||17.9 × 6.9 × 7.1 in|
|Manufacturer Part Number||
MSD Pro-Billet Distributor, Chevy V8
Locked Cap Rotor
Designed primarily for race applications with no mechanical advance.