Chevrolet Performance 454 HO Crate Engine
- 438 hp @ 5,300 rpm/500 lb.-ft. @ 3,500 rpm
- Rectangular-port heads w/ 2.19/1.88-inch valves
- Hydraulic roller camshaft .510 int./.540 exh. lift
- Chevrolet Performance dual-plane aluminum intake
- Additional information
- Product Overview
- Reviews (0)
454 HO Crate Motor
438 hp @ 5,300 rpm / 500 lb.-ft. @ 3,500 rpm
454 HO Tech Specs:
Engine Type: Chevy Big Block V-8
Displacement (cu in): 454
Bore x Stroke (in): 4.250 x 4.000
Block (P/N 19170538): Cast-iron with 4-bolt main caps
Crankshaft (P/N 14096983): Forged steel
Connecting Rods (P/N 19170198): Forged steel
Pistons (P/N 10215228): Forged aluminum
Camshaft Type (P/N 24502611): Hydraulic roller
Camshaft Lift (in): .510 intake / .540 exhaust
Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 211° intake / 230° exhaust
Cylinder Heads (P/N 12562920): Iron rectangular port; 118cc chambers
Valve Size (in): 2.190 intake / 1.880 exhaust
Compression Ratio: 8.75:1
Rocker Arms (P/N 19260993)): Stamped steel
Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
Water Pump (P/N 19168606): Cast-iron, long-style
Flexplate (P/N 10185034): 14″
Recommended Fuel: Premium Pump
Ignition Timing: Base 4° BTDC, 26° Total
Maximum Recommended rpm: 5,500
- Requires addition of carburetor, starter, fuel pump, distributor and ignition system (not included)
- Clutch linkage bosses are now drilled and tapped. When using cast-iron exhaust manifolds, lower head bolts may need to be replaced with bolts with shorter heads for clearance
- Comes with an externally balanced 14″ automatic transmission flexplate; use flywheel P/N 14096987 and 11″ clutch assembly for manual transmission applications
- Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
- Not intended for marine applications
Note: Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with long blocks and partial engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur. GMPP HEI distributor P/N 93440806 is recommended.
454 HO 7.4L Crate Engine
12568774 Chevrolet Engine
Big Torque on a Budget!
The Chevrolet Performance 454 HO crate engine is a Big-Block bargain ? an affordable engine with performance specs that will make you think it’s 1970 all over again!
A new-style block casting with four-bolt main caps includes an all-forged rotating assembly for great strength and durability. It also uses a smooth hydraulic roller camshaft for excellent drivability and asphalt-wrinkling performance. Rectangular-port cylinder heads with large, 2.19/1.88-inch valves, round out the assembly.
The package includes a water pump, balancer, 14-inch flexplate and an aluminum intake manifold. Simply add a carburetor, ignition system and starter and your muscle car or street rod will be ready to roar.
Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines include a 24-month or 50,000-mile (80,000 kilometer) limited warranty.
This product qualifies for a $250 Rebate from Chevrolet Performance.
To receive the rebate:
- Purchase a select Chevrolet Performance Crate Engine between 10/1/2020 and 12/31/2020
- Complete all information requested on this form and mail it by January 31st, 2021, OR
- Submit your rebate online at www.gmpartsrebates.com before the same deadline
See rebate form for more details.
NOTE: Please allow up to 6-8 weeks for rebate processing.
This product qualifies for Free Mobil 1 Oil!
November 1, 2020 through February 28, 2021 receive a Free case of Mobil 1 Oil with the purchase of a Chevrolet Performance Crate Engine and receive two Free Cases of Mobil 1 Oil with the purchase of a Connect & Cruise Package.