Chevrolet Performance 502 HO Crate Engine
- 461 hp @ 5,100 rpm/558 lb.-ft. @ 3,400 rpm
- All-forged rotating assembly with four-bolt mains
- 8.75:1 comp. ratio is suitable for all altitudes and loads
- Aluminum dual-plane intake manifold installed
502 HO Chevrolet Performance Crate Engine
461 hp @ 5,100 rpm / 558 lb.-ft. @ 3,400 rpm
502 HO Tech Specs:
Engine Type: Chevy Big Block V-8
Displacement (cu in): 502
Bore x Stroke (in): 4.470 x 4.000
Block (P/N 19170540): Cast-iron with 4-bolt main caps
Crankshaft (P/N 10183723): Forged steel
Connecting Rods (P/N 19170198): Forged steel, shot peened
Pistons (P/N 12533507): Forged aluminum
Camshaft Type (P/N 24502611): Hydraulic roller
Camshaft Lift (in): .510 intake / .540 exhaust
Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 211° intake / 230° exhaust
Cylinder Heads (P/N 12562920): Iron rectangular port; 118cc chambers
Valve Size (in): 2.190 intake / 1.880 exhaust
Compression Ratio: 8.75:1
Rocker Arms (P/N 19260993): Stamped steel
Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
Water Pump (P/N 19168606): Cast-iron, long-style
Flexplate (P/N 10185034): 14″
Recommended Fuel: 92 octane
Ignition Timing: Base 8° BTDC, 30° Total
Maximum Recommended rpm: 5,500
– Requires addition of carburetor, fuel pump, starter, distributor and ignition system (not included)
– Clutch linkage bosses are now drilled and tapped. When using cast-iron exhaust manifolds, lower head bolts may need to be replaced with bolts with shorter heads, for clearance
– 502 engines now have a mechanical fuel pump boss!
– Comes with an externally balanced 14″ automatic transmission flexplate. Use flywheel P/N 14096987 and 11″ clutch assembly for manual transmission applications
– Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
– Not intended for marine applications
Note: Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur. GMPP HEI distributor P/N 93440806 is recommended.
502 HO Crate Engine
12568778 Chevrolet Engine
An Affordable Powerhouse!
What will you do with 461 hp and 558 lb.-ft. of torque from the Chevrolet Performance 502 HO? Heck, it makes nearly 500 lb.-ft. by 1,500 rpm, so it has all the low-rpm grunt you can use! The 502 HO is all about torque.
GM builds this crate motor with a brand-new, latest-generation four-bolt main block casting, and adds an all-forged rotating assembly as well as a hydraulic roller camshaft for excellent drivability and performance. The 8.75:1 compression ratio is suitable for pump gas.
This GM big-block engine assembly includes an aluminum, dual-plane intake manifold, a water pump, 14-inch flexplate, balancer and more. You add the carburetor, starter and ignition system ? all available from Chevrolet Performance.
Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines include a 24-month or 50,000-mile (80,000 kilometer) limited warranty.