Chevrolet Performance ZZ427/480 Crate Engine***ON BACKORDER***
- 480 hp @ 6,000 rpm/490 lb.-ft. @ 3,800 rpm
- Includes carb., intake, distributor, wires, water pump, balancer
- All-forged rotating assembly and hydraulic roller cam.
- Aluminum, oval-port 110cc chamber cylinder heads
ZZ427/480 Crate Motor
480 hp @ 6,000 rpm / 490 lb.-ft. @ 3,800 rpm
ZZ427/480 Technical Specs:
Engine Type: Chevy Big-Block V-8
Displacement (cu in): 427
Bore x Stroke (in): 4.250 x 3.750
Block (P/N 19170538): Cast-iron with 4-bolt main caps
Crankshaft (P/N 19171620): Forged steel
Connecting Rods (P/N 19211226): Forged steel
Pistons (P/N 19171618): Forged aluminum
Intake Manifold (P/N 12363406): Dual plane
Camshaft Type (P/N 12366543): Hydraulic roller
Valve Lift (in): .527 intake / .544 exhaust
Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 224° intake / 234° exhaust
Cylinder Heads (P/N 19331423): Aluminum oval port, 110cc
Valve Size (in): 2.190 intake / 1.880 exhaust
Compression Ratio: 10.1:1
Rocker Arms (P/N 19210726): Aluminum roller style
Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
Distributor (P/N 88961867): HEI type
Carburetor (P/N 19170093): 770-cfm
Water Pump (P/N 19168602): Aluminum short-style
Spark Plugs and Wires: Included
Flexplate (P/N 12561217): 14″
Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
Ignition Timing: 36° Total @ 4,000 rpm
Maximum Recommended rpm: 6,400
Recommended Transmission: SuperMatic 4L85-E Four-Speed Automatic P/N 19300175
– Due to crate fitment, the carburetor is shipped in a separate box and needs to be installed by an engine installer
– Requires addition of starter and fuel pump (not included)
– Clutch linkage bosses are drilled and tapped. When using cast-iron exhaust manifolds, lower head bolts may need to be replaced with bolts with shorter heads for clearance
– Comes with an internally balanced 14″ automatic transmission flexplate. Requires flywheel designed for internally balanced engines.
– Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off road vehicle
– Not intended for marine applications
Note: Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with long-blocks and Partial engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur.
Supersedes old GM P/N 19166393
ZZ427/480 Crate Engine
19331572 Chevrolet Engine
A Modern Take on the Classic L88
The L88 427 was the ultimate expression of Chevy‘s production Big Block power, combining a rigid iron cylinder block with lightweight aluminum cylinder heads and a single four-barrel carburetor. GM engineers have recreated that classic, raspy rat engine in the Chevrolet Performance ZZ427/480 crate engine, but with updated components that enhance drivability ? and performance!
This Chevy engine assembly features the latest-generation block casting with four-bolt main caps, an all-forged rotating assembly for exceptional strength and durability and a hydraulic roller camshaft instead of the original L88’s flat-tappet cam, for greater drivability and a broader performance range. It also features aluminum oval-port cylinder heads with 2.19/1.88-inch valves and a pump-gas-friendly 10.0:1 compression ratio.
Whether you’re building a ’69 COPO Camaro resto-mod tribute, a modified mid-year Corvette or a street-tire class winner, the ZZ427/480 is the heritage-inspired crate motor that delivers the performance that built the Big Block‘s legendary reputation.
Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines include a 24-month or 50,000-mile (80,000 kilometer) limited warranty.