Chevrolet Performance ZZ454/440 Crate Engine
- 469 hp @ 5,500 rpm/519 lb.-ft. @ 3,700 rpm
- Aluminum oval-port cylinder heads
- High-lift hydraulic roller camshaft
- Includes water pump, balancer, aluminum intake manifold
ZZ454/440 Crate Engine
469 hp @ 5,500 rpm / 519 lb.-ft. @ 3,700 rpm
ZZ454/440 Tech Specs:
Engine Type: Chevy Big-Block V-8
Displacement (cu in): 454
Bore x Stroke (in): 4.250 x 4.000
Block (P/N 19170538): Cast-iron with 4-bolt main caps
Crankshaft (P/N 14096983): Forged steel
Connecting Rods (P/N 19170198): Forged steel
Pistons (P/N 10215228): Forged aluminum
Intake Manifold (P/N 12363420): Dual plane
Camshaft Type (P/N 24502611): Hydraulic roller
Camshaft Lift (in): .510 intake / .540 exhaust
Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 211° intake / 230° exhaust
Cylinder Heads (P/N 19331424): Aluminum oval port; 110cc chambers
Valve Size (in): 2.190 intake / 1.880 exhaust
Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
Rocker Arms (P/N 12675724): Stamped steel
Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
Water Pump (P/N 19168606): Cast-iron, long-style
Flexplate (P/N 10185034): 14″
Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
Ignition Timing: 36° Total @ 4,000 rpm
Maximum Recommended rpm: 5,500
– Requires addition of carburetor, starter, fuel pump, distributor and ignition system (not included)
– Clutch linkage bosses are now drilled and tapped. When using cast-iron exhaust manifolds, lower head bolts may need to be replaced with bolts with shorter heads, for clearance
– Comes with an externally balanced 14″ automatic transmission flexplate; use flywheel P/N 14096987 and 11″ clutch assembly for manual transmission applications
– Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
– Not intended for marine applications
Note: Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with long-blocks and Partial engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur.
Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines include a 24-month or 50,000-mile (80,000 kilometer) limited warranty.
This product qualifies for a $250 Rebate from Chevrolet Performance.
To receive the rebate:
- Purchase a select Chevrolet Performance Crate Engine between 10/1/2020 and 12/31/2020
- Complete all information requested on this form and mail it by January 31st, 2021, OR
- Submit your rebate online at www.gmpartsrebates.com before the same deadline
See rebate form for more details.
NOTE: Please allow up to 6-8 weeks for rebate processing.
This product qualifies for Free Mobil 1 Oil!
November 1, 2020 through February 28, 2021 receive a Free case of Mobil 1 Oil with the purchase of a Chevrolet Performance Crate Engine and receive two Free Cases of Mobil 1 Oil with the purchase of a Connect & Cruise Package.