ZZ502 Crate Engine – Chevrolet Performance ZZ502 Big Block Base Crate Engine***ON BACKORDER***
- 508 hp @ 5,200 rpm/580 lb.-ft. @ 3.600 rpm
- Cast-iron block with 4-bolt main caps
- Aluminum oval port cylinder heads
- Includes partial engine assembly, cylinder heads, valvetrain and valve covers
ZZ502 Base Engine
A DIY Foundation for Big Torque! Karl Kustoms offers this ZZ502/502 Base crate engine for the builder who wants to finish the engine his or her way. With the super-strong bottom end and high-flow aluminum oval-port cylinder heads it’s a great foundation to build your ideal big-block!
Like our complete ZZ502/502 Deluxe crate engine, the base engine includes high-flow aluminum oval-port cylinder heads and a hydraulic roller camshaft. It’s designed to support low-rpm torque production, hitting the 500 lb.-ft. mark by approximately 2,500 rpm and sustain that power to 5,000 rpm. For exceptional strength and durability it features Chevrolet Performance’s latest-generation block casting with four-bolt main caps and an all-forged rotating assembly.
We rate the ZZ502/502 Base engine at 508 horsepower and 580 lb.-ft. of torque when it is finished with Chevrolet Performance aluminum intake manifold P/N 12363406 and Holley 870-cfm carburetor P/N 19170094. We carry all of the other parts you need to complete this engine – just give us a call or contact us online!
- Partial engine assembly
- Cylinder heads
- Valvetrain and valve covers
- Externally balanced 14″ automatic transmission flexplate. Use flywheel P/N 14096987 and 11″ clutch assembly for manual transmission applications
- Clutch linkage bosses are now drilled and tapped. When using cast-iron exhaust manifolds, lower head bolts may need to be replaced with bolts with shorter heads, for clearance
- 502 engines now have a mechanical fuel pump boss! NOTE: There is a fuel pump lobe behind the boss.
- Not intended for marine applications
- Note: Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with long-blocks and Partial engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur.
- Recommended Transmission: SuperMatic 4L85-E Four-Speed Automatic P/N 19300175
- Replaces old GM P/N 12496963, 19331576 & 19419002
ZZ502 Base Engine Tech Specs:
- P/N: 19419002
- Power: 508 hp @ 5,200 rpm / 580 lb.-ft. @ 3,600 rpm
- Engine Type: Chevy Big-Block V-8
- Displacement (cu in): 502
- Bore x Stroke (in): 4.470 x 4.000
- Block: Cast-iron with 4-bolt main caps (P/N 19170540)
- Crankshaft: Forged steel (P/N 10183723)
- Connecting Rods: Forged steel, shot peened (P/N 19170198)
- Pistons: Forged aluminum (P/N 12533507)
- Camshaft Type: Hydraulic roller (P/N 12366543)
- Camshaft Lift (in): .527 intake / .544 exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 224° intake / 234° exhaust
- Cylinder Heads: Aluminum oval port; 110cc chambers (P/N 19331425)
- Valve Size (in): 2.250 intake / 1.880 exhaust; stainless steel
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Rocker Arms: Stamped steel (P/N 12675724)
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
- Flexplate: 14″ (P/N 10185034)
- Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
- Ignition Timing: 32° Total @ 4,000 rpm
- Maximum Recommended rpm: 5,800
- Weight: 532 lbs.
- Balanced: External
Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines carry a 24 Month or 50,000 mile warranty (whichever comes first) when installed by a qualified independent service center. Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines also come with a 30 day start up warranty (parts only).
There are some additional limitations on the warranty – please see the official GM warranty documentation for more information.