Chevy Performance – ZZ6 Base 350 Small Block Crate Engine
- 405 hp @ 5,600 rpm/406 lb.-ft. @ 4,600 rpm
- High-flow Aluminum Heads with 2.00/1.55-inch Valves
- Aggressive Hydraulic Roller Camshaft
- Single-plane Aluminum Intake
ZZ6 Base Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance’s Iconic 350-Based ‘ZZ’ Engine Family Continues the Legacy!
Chevrolet Performance’s ZZ6 delivers more power than any 350 Small-Block ever installed in a production vehicle. Rated at 405 hp and 406 lb.-ft. of torque, it derives its range-topping performance from unique, lightweight aluminum cylinder heads that enable optimal airflow at high rpm.
The cylinder head casting is based on the proven Fast Burn design, with large intake runners and 2.00/1.55-inch valves. Beehive-style valve springs deliver greater high-rpm performance and durability. Their egg-shaped profiles have less reciprocating mass in motion, require less spring pressure for greater valve control and handle valvetrain stresses more efficiently. They allow the ZZ6 to rev higher to make the most of every cubic inch of air drawn through it.
The ZZ6 also uses an aggressive hydraulic roller camshaft that supports the engine’s high-rpm airflow capability while maintaining excellent low-speed drivability. This Base crate engine kit includes the intake manifold, distributor, water pump, damper and flexplate ? and the distinctive, aluminum valve covers that distinguish this crate engine as the latest in the ZZ legacy!
This part replaces old P/N 19351532 and P/N 19419205.
Comes with 12.750″ externally balanced 153-tooth automatic transmission flexplate. Change to externally balanced flywheel for manual transmission applications.
Original items such as manifolds, accessories, mounts, etc. can be transferred to a ZZ6 Base engine, when installed in a vehicle that was originally equipped with a small block. However, there may be some dissimilar components between a ZZ6 Base engine and an older small block.
Installing this engine in a vehicle not originally equipped with a small block engine may require modifications or additional components not included, such as fabricating various components for the cooling, fuel, electrical, and exhaust systems.
- Requires four-barrel carburetor, spark plug wires and additional components to complete assembly
- Requires fuel line from fuel pump to carburetor
- Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle.
- Some assembly and minor engine tuning required
- Not intended for marine application
- Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with long-blocks and Partial engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur.
- This part replaces old P/N 19351532 and P/N 19419205.
19355668, 19417576, 19419205
ZZ6 Base Tech Specs:
- P/N: 19417576
- Power: 405 hp @ 5,600 rpm / 406 lb.-ft. @ 4,600 rpm
- Engine Type: Chevy Small-Block
- Displacement (cu in): 350
- Bore x Stroke (in): 4.000 x 3.48
- Block: Cast-iron with 4-bolt mains (P/N 10105123)
- Crankshaft: Forged steel, shot peened (P/N 12556307)
- Connecting Rods: Forged powder metal (P/N 10108688)
- Pistons: Hypereutectic aluminum (P/N 10159436)
- Intake Manifold: Single plane aluminum (P/N 12496822)
- Camshaft Type: Steel hydraulic roller (P/N 10185071)
- Valve Lift (in): .474 intake/.510 exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 208° intake/221° exhaust
- Cylinder Heads: Fast Burn aluminum; 62cc chambers (P/N 19300955)
- Valve Size (in): 2.000 intake / 1.550 exhaust
- Compression Ratio: 9.7:1 nominal
- Rocker Arms: Aluminum roller style (P/N 19210724)
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.5:1
- Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
- Distributor: HEI (P/N 93440806)
- Ignition Timing: 36º Total @ 4,000 rpm
- Maximum Recommended rpm: 5,800 rpm
- Balanced: External
- Flexplate: 12.750″ (P/N 14088765)
Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines carry a 24 Month or 50,000 mile warranty (whichever comes first) when installed by a qualified independent service center. Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines also come with a 30 day start up warranty (parts only).
There are some additional limitations on the warranty – please see the official GM warranty documentation for more information.
There are no reviews yet.