LS3 Crate Engine – Chevrolet Performance LS376/480 LS3 Crate Engine
- 495 hp @ 6,200 rpm/473 lb.-ft. @ 5,000 rpm
- Aluminum block and L92-type Heads
- Based on the Powerful Engine from the SS Sport Sedan
- .525 Int./Exh. Lift w/ 219 deg. Int/228 deg. Exh. Duration @ .050
- Exhaust Manifolds NOT INCLUDED
Available on backorder
LS376/480 LS3 Crate Engine
Chevy engineers took a production LS3 6.2L (376 cubic inches) and swapped the stock camshaft for the racing-inspired LS Hot Cam (P/N 88958753). Delivering a stunning 495 HP and 473 lb-ft of torque, this LS3 makes 12 percent more power and torque from a simple camshaft change!
We wasted no time in adding that terrific combination – dubbed LS376/480 – to our crate engine portfolio. The key to the power boost is the Hot Cam‘s 0.525-inch lift on both the intake and exhaust sides, along with 219-degree/228-degree duration specs. That’s less lift on the intake side than the stock LS3 cam, but considerably more duration, allowing the valves to stay open longer to draw in more air from the rectangular-port L92-style heads.
This Chevrolet Performance crate engine includes the intake manifold, throttle body and fuel rail, along with the ignition system and exhaust manifolds. Use it with the LS376/480 with controller kit P/N 19354330, which includes a special pedal for use with the engine’s electronically controlled throttle.
This Chevrolet Performance crate engine includes the intake manifold, throttle body and fuel rail, along with the ignition system and exhaust manifolds. Use it with the LS376/480 with controller kit P/N 19258267, which includes a special pedal for use with the engine’s electronically controlled throttle.
- Assembly does not include any electronics
- Use LS376/480 Controller Kit, P/N 19354330 for engine operation. Kit includes electronic throttle pedal, which is required for throttle input to the ECU
- Includes Chevy SS wet sump oil pan
- Intended for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
- Not intended for marine applications
- Front-End Accessory Drive Kits are available in two configurations.
- This part replaces old P/N 19301358 , P/N 1936933 , & P/N 19370411, & P/N 19419864
LS376/495 Tech Specs
- Engine Type: LS-Series Gen IV Small-Block V-8
- Displacement (cu in): 376 cu in (6.2L)
- Bore x Stroke (in): 4.065 x 3.622 (103.25 x 92mm)
- Block (P/N 12584727): Cast-aluminum with 6-bolt, cross-bolted main caps – no link
- Crankshaft (P/N 12597569): Nodular iron – no link
- Connecting Rods: Powdered metal (P/N 12649190)
- Pistons: Hypereutectic aluminum (P/N 19207287)
- Camshaft Type: Hydraulic roller (P/N 88958753)
- Valve Lift (in): .525″ intake / .525″ exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 219° intake / 228° exhaust
- Cylinder Heads: Aluminum L92-style port; as cast with 68cc chambers (P/N 12629063):
- Valve Size (in): 2.165 intake/ 1.590 exhaust
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Rocker Arms: Investment-cast, roller trunnion (P/N 12669995 int)
- Rocker Arms: Investment-cast, roller trunnion (P/N 12681275 exh)
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
- Recommended Fuel: Premium Pump
- Maximum Recommended rpm: 6,600
- Reluctor Wheel: 58x
- Balanced: Internal
Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines carry a 24 Month or 50,000 mile warranty (whichever comes first) when installed by a qualified independent service center. Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines also come with a 30 day start up warranty (parts only).
There are some additional limitations on the warranty – please see the official GM warranty documentation for more information.