SP383 Chevrolet Performance Crate Engine
- 435hp @ 5,600 rpm/445 lb.-ft. @ 4,600 rpm
- Forged Steel Crank in a Four-bolt Main Block
- Lightweight Aluminum Cylinder Heads
- High-flowing Single-plane Aluminum Intake
SP383 Deluxe Crate Engine
435 hp @ 5,600 rpm / 445 lb.-ft. @ 4,600 rpm
SP383 Tech Specs:
Engine Type: Chevy Small-Block V-8
Displacement (cu in): 383
Bore x Stroke (in): 4.005 x 3.800
Block (P/N 88962516): Cast-iron with 4-bolt main caps
Crankshaft (P/N 12489436): Forged steel
Connecting Rods (P/N 19355754): Heavy-duty, forged steel
Pistons (P/N 12499103): Hypereutectic aluminum
Intake Manifold (P/N 2496822): Single plane
Camshaft Type (P/N 19210723): Hydraulic roller
Valve Lift (in): .509 intake / .528 exhaust
Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 222° intake / 230° exhaust
Cylinder Heads (P/N 19300955): Fast Burn aluminum; 62cc chambers
Valve Size (in): 2.000 intake / 1.550 exhaust
Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
Rocker Arms (P/N 19210724): Aluminum roller style
Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.5:1
Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
Ignition Timing: 36° Total at 4,000 rpm
Maximum Recommended rpm: 6,000
Flexplate (P/N 14088765): 12.750″
- Requires addition of carburetor, ignition/distributor, fuel pump and starter (all not included)
- MUST use distributor with melonized steel gear (P/N 10456413), or engine damage will occur
- Horsepower numbers were developed with a 770 cfm Holley carburetor, P/N 19170093 (not included)
- Chevrolet Perf. dual-plane intake manifold (P/N 12366573) may be used for more hood clearance (sold separately)
- Use of the dual-plane, low-rise intake manifold may decrease peak power by 15-20 hp
- Does not include dipstick, dipstick tube, thermostat, thermostat housing or spark plugs
- Includes a 12.75″ 153-tooth Flexplate for Automatic Transmissions (P/N 14088765)
- Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-highway vehicle
- Not intended for marine applications
Supersedes old GM P/N 19332532 P/N 19355722 and P/N 19418657 and P/N 19432114
19355722, 19418657, 19432114
SP383 Deluxe Crate Engine
19433035 Chevrolet Motor
Our Latest Twist on the Big-Torque 383 Stroker!
When it comes to cranking serious torque from the classic Small-Block, it’s hard to beat the 383 stroker combination, which uses a long, 3.800-inch stroke with 4.005-inch bores to generate exceptional low-end pulling power and surprising high-rpm horsepower.
Chevrolet Performance’s stroker crate engine is part of our range of Street Performance engines and is designed for optimal performance on the street and the occasional trip down the quarter-mile.
It features lightweight aluminum cylinder heads based on the proven Fast Burn design, with large intake runners and 2.00/1.55-inch valves. Beehive-style valve springs enable great high-rpm performance and durability, allowing the SP383 to rev higher and build more horsepower. The result is 435 exhilarating horsepower and 445 lb.-ft. of seat-tugging torque.
Like all of our 350-based crate engines, it is built with a cast-iron block with four-bolt mains. It also features a forged steel crankshaft, an aggressive hydraulic roller camshaft and a high-flow, aluminum intake manifold. Use the Holley 770-cfm four-barrel carburetor, P/N 19170093 to achieve the listed horsepower and torque ratings.
Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines include a 24-month or 50,000-mile (80,000 kilometer) limited warranty.