HT Crate Engine – Chevrolet Performance HT383 Engine
- 323 hp @ 4,200 rpm/444 lb.-ft. @ 3,000 rpm
- At least 400 lb.-ft. between 2500-4000 rpm
- Vortec Heads on a Four-bolt Block
- Includes Dual-plane Intake, Water Pump and Balancer
HT383E Crate Engine
323 hp @ 4,200 rpm / 444 lb.-ft. @ 3,000 rpm
Looking for more performance for your Chevy truck? Karl Kustoms offers a Chevrolet Performance bolt-in replacement stroker just for you!
If you’ve got a tired 350 Vortec engine in your 1996-1999 half-ton GM truck or SUV, you should take a look at the HT383E crate engine. Affordable and powerful, the HT383E is a direct replacement long-block for the 350 Vortec. It’s easy to bolt in more horsepower and torque for effortless towing.
Like the standard HT383, this crate engine uses a cast-iron block with four-bolt main caps. It also includes a forged steel crankshaft, a smooth hydraulic roller camshaft, and cast iron Vortec heads. Its 9.1:1 compression ratio is perfect for regular gasoline at all altitudes and engine loads. It also includes a new water pump.
The HT383E is the same basic engine as the HT383. The HT383E is configured for easy bolt-in replacement of the GM L31 5.7-liter Vortec engine found in 1996 – 1999 half-ton models of the Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, Sierra, and Yukon. It is backed by a warranty from Chevrolet Performance and Karl Kustoms low price guarantee!
- Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with long-blocks and Partial engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur.
- Requires the reuse of the stock intake manifold, distributor, wiring harness, and fuel injection system
- Due to calibration variances between half, three-quarter- and one-ton vehicles, this engine is designed for half-ton trucks and SUVs only
- This engine is not emissions-legal in CA or states that have adopted CA emissions regulations
- Comes with a 12.75-inch externally balanced 153-tooth automatic transmission flexplate. Requires externally balanced flywheel for manual transmission.
- Has right-side dipstick
- Not available as a Partial Engine
- Performance recalibration of OEM ECU will significantly increase torque and horsepower
- P/N 19420885 (Replaces old P/N’s 19332531, 19355721, 19417374, 19420877)
HT383E Tech Specs
- Engine Type: Chevy Small-Block V-8
- Displacement (cu in): 383
- Bore x Stroke (in): 4.005 x 3.800
- Block (P/N 88962516): Cast-iron with 4-bolt main caps
- Crankshaft (P/N 12489436): 4340 forged steel
- Connecting Rods (P/N 19332460): Heavy-duty PM steel
- Pistons (P/N 12499103): Hypereutectic aluminum
- Camshaft Type (P/N 14097395): Hydraulic roller
- Camshaft Lift (in): .431 intake / .451 exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 196° intake / 206° exhaust
- Cylinder Heads (P/N 12691728): Vortec iron; 64cc chambers
- Valve Size (in): 1.940 intake / 1.500 exhaust
- Compression Ratio: 9.1:1
- Rocker Arms (P/N 10089648): Stamped steel
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.5:1
- Water Pump (P/N 89060527): Cast-iron
- Recommended Fuel: Regular pump
- Maximum Recommended RPM: 5,000
- Flexplate (P/N 14088765): 12.750″
- Balanced: External
Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines carry a 24 Month or 50,000 mile warranty (whichever comes first) when installed by a qualified independent service center. Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines also come with a 30 day start up warranty (parts only).
There are some additional limitations on the warranty – please see the official GM warranty documentation for more information.