LSX Crate Engine – Chevrolet Performance LSX376 B15 6.2L Gen IV Small Block Engine
- 473 hp @ 6,000 rpm/444 lb.-ft. @ 5,000 rpm
- High-flow LSX-LS3 6-bolt rectangular-port heads
- LSX Cast iron 6-bolt block
- Customize with your own intake manifold and other accessories
LSX376-B15 Crate Engine
Built for boost – and a lot of it.
Karl Kustoms LSX376-B15 crate engine is the perfect – and surprisingly affordable – foundation for a supercharged or turbocharged monster build. With 473 hp and 444 lb.-ft. of torque on tap in a naturally aspirated configuration, the LSX376 Gen 4 small block is already a force to be reckoned with even without forced induction.
However, built with a forged steel crankshaft and connecting rods, and forged aluminum pistons, Chevy engineered the rotating assembly to handle a massive 15 PSI of boost. So, turn up the wick, this LS can take the heat. The LSX376-B15 also features:
- High-flow rectangular port LSX cylinder heads with six-bolt attachment
- Forged internals capable of turning at a 6,600 rpm redline
- 473 naturally aspirated hp at 6,000 rpm
- 444 naturally aspirated lb. ft. of torque at 5,000 rpm
Karl Kustoms delivers the LSX376-B15 without an intake manifold and other accessories, allowing you to tailor the induction system and other features to suit the forced-induction setup of your choice.
- Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
- Not intended for marine applications
- You do have a strong transmission and rear axle, don’t you? Can we suggest a Karl Kustoms SuperMatic 6L80-E Automatic Transmission that can handle up to 650 lb.-ft. of output torque?
- Assembly shipped without intake manifold or oil pan (dust shield installed for shipment)
- Assembly does not include any electronics
- Requires LSX Ignition Controller (P/N 19171130) for carbureted applications
- Includes LSX 8-bolt crank flange
- Recommended max boost – 15 PSI
LSX376-B15 Crate Engine Tech Specs
473 hp @ 6,000 rpm / 444 lb.-ft. @ 5,000 rpm
- Engine Type: LSX-Series Gen IV Small-Block V-8
- Displacement (cu in): 376 cu in (6.2L)
- Bore x Stroke (in): 4.065 x 3.622 (103.25 x 92 mm)
- Block (P/N 19260095): LSX cast-iron with 6-bolt, crossbolted main caps
- Crankshaft (P/N 12603616): Forged steel
- Connecting Rods (P/N 12604857): Forged powdered metal
- Pistons (P/N 19259381): Forged aluminum
- Camshaft Type (P/N 12638426): Hydraulic roller
- Valve Lift (in): 0.560″ intake / 0.555″ exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@0.050 in): 210° intake / 230° exhaust
- Cylinder Heads (P/N 19354243)
- LSX-LS3 rectangular port; with “as cast” 68cc chambers and 6-bolt attachment
- Valve Size (in): 2.160 intake / 1.550 exhaust
- Compression ratio: 9.0:1
- Rocker Arms (P/N 12669995 int): Investment-cast, roll trunnion
- Rocker Arms (P/N 12681275 exh): Investment-cast, roll trunnion
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
- Recommended Fuel: Regular Pump
- Maximum Recommended RPM: 6,600
- Reluctor Wheel: 58x
- Balanced: Internal
Chevrolet Performance – LSX376 B15 Crate Engine – Information & Specs
Chevy’s LS376 + Hot Cam = 480 HP!!!
Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines carry a 24 Month or 50,000-mile warranty (whichever comes first) when installed by a qualified independent service center. Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines also come with a 30-day start-up warranty (parts only).
There are some additional limitations on the warranty – please see the official GM warranty documentation for more information.