LS Crate Engine – Chevrolet Performance LS427/570 LS Series Crate Engine Wet Sump
- 570 HP & 540 Lb.-Ft.
- More Power and Easier Installation than LS7
LS427/570 Crate Engine
Based on the production LS7 crate engine, the L427/570 adds additional power and torque all while being easier to install. Updates over the standard track-bred LS7 engine include:
- New F-car wet-sump oiling system lowers installation costs
- More aggressive higher-lift camshaft
These updates help the LS427/570 produce way more power than the LS7:
- An increase of 65hp over the LS7 for a total of 570hp @6200 RPM
- An increase of 70 lb-ft over the LS7 for a total of 540 lb-ft @4800 RPM
The additional power does not come at the expense of durability, and the use of the popular F-car wet-sump and LS3 oil pump removes the need for the LS7’s oil-tank reservoir, which lowers installation costs.
The LS427/570 is sold without an intake manifold, front accessory drive system, ignition, or fuel system. If you’re swapping this engine out with another LS series motor, you may be able to re-use what you have. Otherwise, you’ll want to check out our accessory drive systems, LS intake manifolds, and either our fuel injection systems or carb options.
This engine comes assembled with the 14″ Camaro Z/28 168-tooth manual transmission wheel. Use with LS427 engine controller P/N 19420000 (sold separately). The LS427/570 engine excluding transmission can be found here, while the LS427/570 with 4L75-E four-speed automatic transmission, torque converter, and engine and transmission control modules are available here. A 6L80E six-speed automatic option of the above is also available using this link.
- Assembly does not include electronics
- Not intended for marine applications
- Chevrolet performance part number 19421004
WARNING: These auto parts can expose you to chemicals including phthalates and lead. Installing or using these parts can expose you to other parts containing these chemicals and to engine exhaust, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
LS427/570 Crate Engine Tech Specs
A new wet-sump oiling system facilitates easier and less costly installation because the supporting components for the production-based LS7’s dry-sump system are not required. This engine comes assembled with the 14″ Camaro Z/28 168-tooth manual transmission wheel. Use with LS427 engine controller P/N 19420000 (sold separately).
Chevrolet recommends 15W50 Mobil 1 engine oil for the LS427/570 engine.
- Engine Type: LS-Series Small-Block V-8
- Displacement (cu. in.): 427 (7.0L)
- Bore x Stroke (in.): 125 x 4.000 (101.6 x 92 mm)
- Block (P/N 12602689): Cast aluminum block with 6-bolt, cross-bolted main caps
- Crankshaft (P/N 12611649): Forged steel
- Connecting Rods (P/N 12661677): Forged titanium
- Pistons: Hypereutectic aluminum
- Camshaft Type (P/N 19419859): Hydraulic roller
- Valve Lift (in.): .591 intake/.590 exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in.): 227º intake/242º exhaust
- Camshaft Lobe Separation Angle:116º
- Cylinder Heads: CNC-ported LS7-style ports with 70 cc combustion chambers
- Valve Size (in.): 200 titanium intake, 1.610 sodium-filled exhaust
- Compression Ratio: 0:1
- Rocker Arms: Investment-cast, roller-bearing trunnion
- Rocker Arm Ratio:8:1 (offset intake)
- Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
- Maximum Recommended RPM: 7000 rpm
- Balanced: Internal
Chevrolet Performance LS7 Crate Engine Information & Specs
Karl Kustoms Crate Engine Program
Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines carry a 24 Month or 50,000-mile warranty (whichever comes first) when installed by a qualified independent service center. Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines also come with a 30-day start-up warranty (parts only).
There are some additional limitations on the warranty – please see the official GM warranty documentation for more information.